Sweet potato, also called sweet potato or sweet potato, is a delicious food full of nutrients that cannot be missing from your diet if the goal is to eat in a balanced way and take care of yourself. And it is that within the properties of the sweet potato its high content of antioxidants, vitamins and minerals stand out, which makes this tuber one of the favorite foods of lovers of healthy food. If you do not know how to cook sweet potato and want to learn to prepare easy, delicious and original dishes, be sure to read the recipe. Are you ready?
How to cook sweet potato?
The best thing about sweet potatoes is that it is a food that can be enjoyed in many ways without spending large amounts of money. As we have already seen, it is a very healthy tuber that provides fiber, vitamin C, potassium and calcium to the body, among many other vitamins and minerals essential for health. That is why this ingredient is often consumed by people who want to lose weight or maintain their weight.
As you will see below, preparing sweet potatoes is much easier than you think, however, there are certain tips that you should know to make easy and original dishes. Are you ready to integrate this food into your diet in a healthy and delicious way? Keep reading!
How to Cook Cooked Sweet Potato
Learning to cook sweet potatoes in this way is very simple, and it is also a perfect technique for those who do not have an oven and want to avoid the microwave. To learn how to cook cooked sweet potato you will need the following ingredients:
- 3 sweet potatoes
- 2g white sugar
- 2g cinnamon
Once you have the ingredients ready, follow this step by step and prepare to enjoy a dish as sweet as it is original.
- The first step will be to wash the sweet potatoes well. Keep in mind that we are going to cook them with feet, so it is important that you remove all the dirt from the tuber.
- Next, make a pot of water (enough to cover the sweet potatoes) and dip the sweet potatoes. Cover the pot and put it on the fire.
- Add the sugar and then the cinnamon. If you prefer, you can add only the sugar and wait until after cooking to give it the final touch with the cinnamon.
- Wait until the water starts to boil and, after 10 minutes, make an incision in the sweet potato so that it cooks well inside. Leave them on the fire for 20 more minutes.
- After the next 20 minutes, prick the sweet potato with a knife; If you can easily do it, your sweet potato will be ready. Otherwise, you will still have to wait a little longer.
- Drain the sweet potatoes well and proceed to peel them. Serve the sweet potatoes as you prefer, and if you haven’t added the cinnamon yet, it’s time to add it.
How to cook sweet potato in the oven
Baked sweet potato is a delicious and very easy to prepare recipe that will look especially appetizing if you present them to cut on a plate-like potato chip. We explain how to cook the sweet potato in the oven! This is what you will need:
- 1 large sweet potato
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- Cold water (in a bowl)
- 1 small tablespoon of curry
- 1 small spoonful of sweet paprika
- 1 tablespoon turmeric
This is the preparation of the baked sweet potatoes:
- The first thing we are going to do is peel the sweet potato with the help of a potato peeler. To achieve the dish, you will have to cut the sweet potatoes into strips, as if they were fried potatoes.
- In the bowl of water that you have prepared, add some ice cubes and proceed to dump the sweet potatoes. Let them soak for an hour so that they are well cleaned and softened.
- After this time, dry the sweet potatoes with a kitchen cloth.
- Put the sweet potatoes in a bowl and add the tablespoons of cornstarch.
- Next, make a cookie sheet with special non-stick paper so the sweet potatoes don’t stick. When they are already in the tray in a disorderly way, add the curry, the sweet paprika, the turmeric and the oil.
- Stir the sweet potatoes well so that they are all impregnated with the different ingredients and proceed to place each piece separate from the others.
- Let the sweet potatoes cook for 30 minutes and, once they are out of the oven, add the salt to your liking.
- If you want to prepare a healthier dish, avoid heavy condiments and give your sweet potatoes an original flavor with salt, herbs, pepper and a dash of lemon.
How to cook sweet potato in the microwave
Did you know that it is also possible to make sweet potatoes in the microwave? This recipe is one of the fastest and easiest to prepare, so if you are short on time but do not want to give up a delicious and healthy dish, prepare the following ingredients:
- 1 sweet potato
Here are the steps you should follow:
- As always, the first step will be to clean the sweet potato well and dry it with a dry cloth.
- Next, grab a knife and poke holes all over the sweet potato.
- Put the sweet potato in the microwave at full power and let it cook for 10 minutes.
- Take out the sweet potato and check that it is soft. If not, leave it a few more minutes in the microwave. After this time, take out the sweet potatoes and peel them.
- Cut the sweet potato in half and, once opened, add a splash of oil and salt to taste.
How to cook sweet potato on the grill
If you have a grill at home and want an original, fun and delicious sweet potato recipe, don’t miss this option. It will drive the youngest and oldest alike crazy! You will need to:
- 3 sweet potatoes
- 2 butter spoons
- 2 tablespoons of sugar (or maple syrup for a healthier option)
- 1 teaspoon of cumin
- Pepper to taste
- Salt to taste
Do you have everything ready? If so, follow these steps:
- Cut the sweet potato into cubes and put them in a saucepan.
- Insert all the ingredients in the saucepan and stir well until the color of the sweet potatoes changes.
- Wrap the sweet potato cubes in aluminum foil and grill them.
- Cook them for 30 minutes at a temperature of 190º and turn the aluminum foil around every 7 minutes.
- Once the sweet potatoes are tender, remove them from the grill and serve them on a plate. Be careful when removing the foil! Remember that this is very hot and that you could burn yourself.
You may also like to read https://articlecrunch.co.uk/