Does vitamin e make you fat? Vitamin E is essential for your body, as it is an antioxidant that helps protect the body’s fatty acids and keep them healthy. Another function of vitamin E in the body is the protection of this against specific pathologies that can form toxic molecules.
This well-known vitamin has a set of health benefits that you can take advantage of. However, you should know that specific side effects may also appear after taking it, so it is essential to consult a doctor before administering it. In this article, we answer to a persistent question on this topic: Does vitamin e make you fat?
Does vitamin e make you fat?
Although vitamin E can cause various side effects, the reality is that vitamin E does not get fat, by not contributing calories, no vitamin causes weight gain.
If you are taking vitamin E and notes that you have gained weight, you should visit a doctor immediately, because it could be due to a digestion problem that surely must be treated professionally. There are specific causes by which you can produce weight gain if you take vitamin E, I feel one of the most common early menopause since the low amount of estrogen or the lack of them can cause a fatty tissue in your abdomen.
However, as we have already announced, it is not healthy for vitamin E to grow fat, so if you take this vitamin and perceive a radical weight gain, do not hesitate to consult it with a specialist doctor.
You may like also: Midget bodybuilder
Benefits of vitamin E
- It helps fight infection: because it increases the production of defense cells. It strengthens the immune system and helps it to get rid of viral infections.
- It promotes healing: Vitamin E stimulates the formation of collagen and elastic fibers, which helps to heal different wounds and, above all, burns.
- This vitamin is used to combat aging and prevent the appearance of wrinkles, which is why vitamin E is considered as the vitamin of youth and the beauty of the skin.
- It benefits specific vital organs: vitamin E also reduces the harmful effects of cigarette smoke in the lung and the damage that alcohol can produce in the liver. It also helps prevent high cholesterol, coronary problems due to blood pressure in the heart, and combats cellular degeneration in the brain.
- Protects the membranes of the muscles, nerves, and the cardiovascular system.
- Extends the life of red blood cells.
- It has a high capacity to dissolve fats in the body.
- Vitamin E is also an excellent diuretic and promotes circulation problems.
How to take vitamin E to lose weight
Two of the main tasks of vitamin E in the body are: improve the function of the muscles and increase the production of red blood cells and protect them. These two functions are related to the increase in muscle mass.
Read also: Celebrities with anorexia
Well, it’s elementary:
- You should keep in mind that if your goal is to lose weight, vitamin E can be of great help but, by itself, can not work miracles. It is essential that in addition to helping you with this vitamin, you lead a healthy life, a balanced diet and exercise often.
- One of the best options is to eat foods rich in vitamin E daily to reduce abdominal fat.
- There is also vitamin E in the form of a supplement, capsules that you can find at any pharmacy.
Foods with vitamin E
Green leafy vegetables like spinach, asparagus, and broccoli provide vitamin E, in addition to a large number of nutrients necessary for your body. The yolk of the egg and the liver are also a great source of vitamin E.
Some fruits such as kiwi, mango, avocado, grapes, and coconut have a certain amount of vitamin E, as well as being antioxidant fruits that provide your body with large amounts of nutrients. Nuts such as nuts, pistachios, almonds, peanuts, or hazelnuts. Cereals such as oats, wheat, rye, and rice.