How good are the squares of green tea cake with ricotta cream! Try them to amaze your guests.
The squares of green tea cake with ricotta cream are a truly delicious dessert, which can be served at the end of a meal or even for a rich breakfast.
The green color of this sponge cake is given by the use of matcha tea powder, a type of tea rich in antioxidants, very popular in Japan and often used for the preparation of desserts.
The ricotta cream does not require any cooking, so it is very quick to prepare: you just need to work a little elbow and the game will be done.
- 100 gr. made with flour
- 150 gr. of sugar
- 50 gr. of potato starch
- 5 eggs
- 1 pinch of salt
- 1 sachet of vanillin
- 20 grams of matcha green tea
- 300 gr of ricotta
- sugar to taste
- milk to taste
- chocolate chips (optional)
- cinnamon (optional)
- To prepare your squares of green tea cake with ricotta cream, start with the matcha sponge cake.
- Break the eggs, which you will have taken care to remove from the fridge an hour before, separating the yolks from the whites. Work the egg yolks with half the sugar; whip the egg whites until stiff, with a pinch of salt and the remaining sugar.
- At this point, combine the two compounds and mix in the flour, starch, matcha green tea powder, and vanillin with a sieve. Mix gently and bake in a possibly rectangular cake pan greased at 180 ° for about 30-40 minutes, checking the cooking.
- Prepare the ricotta cream by mixing the ricotta with the sugar (to taste), a little milk to improve its consistency, and – if you want – a few drops of dark chocolate.
- Cut the cake (completely cooled) into two halves, wet it with a little milk, stuff it with the ricotta cream and then divide it into many squares.
Let it rest in the fridge until ready to present it.
Serve your squares of green tea cake with ricotta cream.