Care of nature– With an increasing world population, the consumption of resources and the production of waste increase. Terms like global warming or greenhouse effect are very common. Like it or not, this affects us directly. Therefore, it is very important to ask ourselves how we can take care of nature. Below, we bring you some tips that you can put into practice in your day to day to protect the planet. You dare?
Conservation of the environment: an issue for everyone
In this article you will notice that most of the advice we give is focused on the students. However, anyone can apply them no matter how old they are. We all live on this planet and what we do affect us whether we are young or adults.
What is the environment?
This concept is quite broad and we could write infinity of words to give a definition. However, our goal is to offer you an easy-to-understand article about caring for the environment. That is why we are going to summarize it in a simple way: the environment is the grouping of all living beings and the environment that surrounds them.
What is the care of nature?
The care of nature consists in preserving it as best as possible. When we want to protect it, we try to reduce the impact of the human being. In other words, it would be like doing everything possible so that none of our actions affected the environment.
10 tips to take care of nature
If you are interested in protecting the planet, it is time for you to start changing your habits. Here is a list of tips to take care of nature:
- Minimize the paper expense. Print only when necessary and if you do, make prints on both sides.
- Use non-disposable containers. There are respectful alternatives with nature such as glass bottles.
- Avoid artificial light. Taking advantage of the hours of the day in which there is light reduces the consumption of electricity.
- Separate the waste: You can put plastics, cardboard and organic waste separately.
- Discard plastic bags. It is better to use cloth bags.
- Turn off electronic devices. Disconnect those you are not using. Do not suspend the computer.
- Use public transport or bicycle instead of your car. Walk as much as you can.
- Saves water this resource is basic for life and unfortunately much is wasted.
- Use rechargeable batteries. When using this type of batteries, we reduce the amount of waste produced. When you have to get rid of them, do it at a recycling point.
- Reuse everything you can. Before throwing something in the trash think if you can give it another use.
5 actions to take care of nature
As you can see, these are actions to take care of the environment very general. In what way could you apply them in your life as a student? Let’s dig a little deeper into each of them.
Without water there is no life, so we should spend it wisely. One of the ways to take care of the environment would be to reduce our consumption of the liquid element. This you can achieve in different ways. You can shower instead of bathing. That yes, for the good of your classmates do not stop doing it. You should also turn off the tap when brushing your teeth or hands. And if you wash your clothes for yourself, fill the washing machine instead of leaving it in half.
Another way to reduce our environmental impact is to change our habits when we move. What means of transportation do you use to go to school or university? Whenever you can, it is recommended that you go to the places walking or cycling. This is not only good for the environment, but also for your health. If you want to go somewhere, you can also use public transport, if it is safe.
If, on the other hand, it is really necessary to use the car, try to go with someone else. Do you know any classmate who lives near you? You can go together and share the expenses. It is also very important to maintain the vehicle. Carrying tires with the proper pressure, driving without acceleration and at moderate speeds are factors that reduce fuel consumption.
We live in an increasingly digital society. Although many subjects have lengthy syllabuses, nowadays the notes of the university are easy to have them in electronic format. Every time you go to print something ask yourself if it really is necessary. In case it is essential, try to do it on both sides. Reduce the consumption of paper and therefore the felling of trees is another of the things we must do to take care of nature.
One of the most difficult elements to eliminate from the environment is plastic. Fortunately, there are many ways you can reduce your use as much as possible. When you go to class, take an aluminum or glass bottle filled with water. If there is a drinking source on campus, you can fill it there. You would be surprised if you counted the amount of plastic bottles that you throw away. If you drink a soda, do not do it with straw.
In case you eat on campus or elsewhere outside the home, it is also important that you take metal cutlery avoiding disposable plastic. With the small effort of having to wash them, you avoid generating more waste every day.
Additionally, each time you buy, take a cloth bag or one that is biodegradable. You can also use your backpack to carry things from the supermarket to your home.
There are plenty of ways to save electricity. In fact, this is something that is not only good for nature, but also for your pocket. When you have to study for an exam, do it during the day whenever possible and do not leave it until the last minute. You will see how your health and especially your sight thank you. Now, if you have to use light at night, try to buy energy saving light bulbs. Also, when you leave the room, turn them off.
It is also important to unplug electrical appliances that are not in use. If you have finished using the computer, turn it off, because even if you leave it in suspension, it will continue to consume some electricity. The same thing happens with television and other devices.
Another way we can protect the environment is by regulating the temperature responsibly. If there is air conditioning or heating in the classroom where you are teaching or in the library, try to make the temperature reasonable to reduce consumption. On the other hand, try not to leave the door open.
How to take care of the planet
Another way to take care of the environment is to put into practice the rule. What is this? Well, it is a proposal that aims to improve our consumption habits. The name is given to the three implications it has: reduce, reuse, and recycle. Let’s analyze what each one of these aspects means:
- Reduce: if the problem we have is that we generate a lot of garbage and pollution, reducing consumption, we reduce the problem. For example, if you are walking instead of driving, you reduce gas emissions.
- Reuse: another thing we can do to take care of nature is to reuse. Are you going to throw something? Is not there some way to reuse it? If a trouser has a hole, do not throw it away, try to sew it or put a patch on it. If you have finished the cookies that came in a metal box, do not throw it away. You can give it a second life by keeping something in it, such as photos. Even a can of soda can be used as a pen. Whenever you are going to get rid of something, try to imagine if you can take advantage of it in some other way. Thinking a little you will come up with a lot of good ideas to reuse.
- Recycling: There are many things that can be recycled: plastics, packaging, paper, cardboard, etc. Here’s a practical case: nothing prevents you when you approve a subject, if you’re fed up with it, recycle all your notes. In that way, the world will thank you and you will feel more liberated.
Do these tips serve to care of nature?
Probably, if you have tried to convince someone to recycle or take some other action to contribute to the preservation of the environment, he will have told you: that does not help because other people will not do it.
Precisely this attitude is the one that must be avoided. When you give example, it is easier for others to follow you. Although not everyone collaborates 100%, any contribution, however small, is welcome. Little by little, people will become aware and a responsible culture will be created with nature. Small gestures carried out by many people can make a big difference. You also have the opportunity to do your bit by carrying out these proposals to take care of the environment.
Training for the care of the environment
If you are one of those people who loves nature and is concerned about how to improve the environment, you may want to study something related to this topic. Therefore, you will be happy to know that there are university studies that are closely linked to the world of ecology. Whether you do not know what career to choose, or if you want to know if it is good for you to study something from this branch, we recommend that you consider this possibility. It can also help you take a look at our vocational test.
How to protect the environment: your turn
We are sure that this information on how to take care of the environment has been interesting for you. We hope you can put it into practice in your day to day and thus contribute to the conservation of our planet.
No doubt there are many more things to do and we have not covered. That’s why we want you to tell us what ideas to take care of the environment occur to you. We encourage you to leave us a comment so that we can all benefit from them.