Blue cheese pizza? We love pizza , as you well know. Something that catches our attention is how conservative they are in regards to the composition of the pizza. Fortunately They are from our team with regards to Hawaiian pizza . This means that from time to time, when we eat pizza without guests, we indulge ourselves and prepare pizzas a little less standard. This is one of them that we like the most.
It is a pizza perhaps uncommon for several reasons:
- It does not have tomato sauce
- It has pears
- It has nuts
However, it is a remarkable harmony, and when searching, we will see that it is more frequent than we might think. This combination has a chemical basis ( Chymical wedding , if you will) that consists of both the pear and the blue cheese contain esters, notably methyl hexanoate, which are united in our perception, making them harmonize. The nuts? texture … and taste too.
Let’s go to the recipe
- For a 30cm diameter pizza we will need:
- 200gr wheat flour without powder
- 120ml of water
- 4gr salt
- 2gr yeast
- 1cda olive oil
To cover it
- Olive oil to paint the dough
- 150gr good mozzarella cheese
- 50gr blue cheese, crumbled. It can be any variety
- 1 pear, in sheets of 2mm thickness, soaked in water with 1% salt for 5 minutes
- 1 pearl onion cut in feather and caramelised
- 3 tablespoons chopped walnuts
- Freshly ground pepper
- To unite all the ingredients of the mass, to knead until obener an elastic mass and not sticky. Leave to rise for 1 to 4 hours at room temperature
- Preheat the oven to 250 ° C
- Grate the mozzarella
- Spread the dough in a mold and paint with the olive oil
- Cover with mozzarella
- Cover with onion
- Drain and dry the pear slices with paper towel
- On an onion to arrange pears
- On the pears distribute blue cheese and nuts
- Finish grinding pepper on pizza, to taste the diner
- Bake 10 minutes or as needed
- Remove from oven and let stand 3 minutes
- Cut and eat
Enjoy your meal!
The soaking of pear slices in salt water delays the action of the enzyme polyphenol oxidase, responsible for the browning of pears, apples, and other vegetables when cutting them. Soaking in salt water delays the action of the enzyme and then the heat of the oven inactivates it, allowing the pear slices to remain white.
You may also love to read mother of the bride hairstyles.